Terms and Conditions for accommodation to be featured on the Room Booker Online Website
These terms and conditions apply to the owners or operators of all hotels and other accommodation featured on the RoomBookerOnline.com website (Room Booker Online is owned and operated by Ruby Road Ltd a software development company, and as such all terms and conditions apply equally to Ruby Road Ltd). Room Booker Online and Ruby Road Ltd shall be referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’.
By clicking the "Free Trial" (or similarly worded) button on the Room Booker Online home page you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions in the form that they appear on this page at any time (these Terms).
For details of what you need to do to go through the sign-up process in order for your hotel or other accommodation to feature on this Site.
These Terms may change at any time and you agree to accept and will be bound by the Terms that are on this page at the time any booking with you is made. Whilst we will send an email to hotel operators to the email address we have on record when we change these Terms, it is your responsibility to consult this page regularly to check the terms and conditions that apply to you at any time.
Information about us and who you and we contract with
Room Booker Online is owned and operated by Ruby Road Ltd ("we" or "us") and is a company registered in England under company number 09464695 and have our registered office at 154 – 158 Church Street, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY1 3PS
Our contract is with the hotel owner or operator named in the Online Application and referred to as "you" or "your" etc in these Terms.
References to your hotel are to the hotel, bed and breakfast, self-catering holiday cottages or other establishment named in the Online Application.
Owners and operators of bed and breakfast and other establishments are welcome to feature on this Site as well as hotels.
What you agree to do
You agree to do the following by means of completing the relevant sections of the Room Booker Online setup to-do list that is visible in the top-left of the page once you have set a password for your account and a unique, available name for use as a subdomain for your hotel in Room Booker Online "Hotel Name".
- To provide and make available up to date and accurate details of your hotel by means of uploading relevant photographs and completing accommodation specifications;
- To complete the Room Booker Online booking diary for your hotel (Booking Manager/Add booking) with up to date availability for your hotel at the time of completion of the Online Application and, without limitation, to update the Booking Diary with bookings already shown in your existing booking record or system (whether online or offline) at that time;
- To complete any other compulsory fields in the start up wizard including but not limited to VAT status and details thereof if applicable, billing details, and policies applying to your hotel such as check in and checkout times.
- Should you wish to accept online reservations, deposits and payments you will complete and activate a PayPal account or other online payment gateway. You will elect whether you wish to accept a fixed deposit for online bookings or a % of total booking value.
- All content and data which you provide by means of the setup to-do list and which you subsequently upload to us is referred to as Content in these Terms.
You also agree
- That we are authorised to create and maintain a microsite on Room Booker Online at RoomBookerOnline.com/Hotel Name and, without limitation, you authorise us to use the Hotel Subdomain and to host and make available Content from that microsite (such microsite being referred as your microsite in these Terms);
- To ensure that all information relating to your hotel on your microsite is fully up-to-date and accurate at all times. It is your responsibility to complete and update all such information by using the facility accessible via the hotel administration panel;
- That we are authorised (but not obliged) to create and maintain an entry for your hotel on Room Booker Online using the Content. Room Booker Online is also an online directory promoting hotels using the Room Booker Online booking system;
- To keep all accommodation availability up to date at all times by completing and updating the Booking Diary and to ensure such Booking Diary is always up to date and accurate by using the facility in the account maintenance section accessible via the hotel administration panel;
- That we are authorised, as your agent, to receive and make bookings for accommodation at your hotel on your behalf based on the availability shown in the Booking Diary without referring back to you;
- To honour all bookings entered by us in the Booking Diary for your hotel (Bookings). Whilst we will send you an email confirming bookings we have entered in the Booking Diary to the email address that we have on record for you at the time, any such email is for information only, and the point at which you are contractually bound to accept any booking which is made via Room Booker Online is when we enter that booking in the Booking Diary for your hotel;
- That we are authorised as your agent to issue invoices to any person making a booking via Room Booker online (Guests) for the online bookings proceeds for such booking (plus VAT if our records show that you are VAT registered and show a VAT number for you) and not to issue any such invoice yourself;
You acknowledge and agree that:
- We will rely on the accommodation availability shown in the Booking Diary to accept bookings for your hotel and that we will accept bookings on your behalf without referring back to you based on that availability. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure that details in the Booking Diary are always up to date and accurate;
- All bookings made by users of or visitors to Room Booker Online will be made directly with you and accordingly the contract for the Booking is directly between the Guest and you and not with us;
- That all activity using your username and/or password will be treated as having been made/done by you. Accordingly you will not share your username or password with anyone else and only authorised members of your staff should be permitted to have access to your username and password. If you need to change your username or password you may do so via your admin panel
Our role and responsibilities
Subject to the other provisions of these Terms we agree to provide an online booking service from Room Booker Online for accommodation in your hotel which consists of the following:
- Creating your microsite using the Content you upload in accordance with these Terms;
- Using reasonable endeavours to make your microsite available from Room Booker Online;
- Accepting bookings on your behalf via Room Booker Online for accommodation at your hotel shown to be available in the Booking Diary, as your agent;
- Entering accommodation booked via Room Booker Online in the Booking Diary and marking that accommodation as unavailable in the Booking Diary for the period for which it has been booked via Room Booker Online;
- Using reasonable endeavours to send you an email to confirm any booking made via Room Booker Online at the email address that we hold on record for you at that time;
- Making arrangements with your chosen third party payment provider, for it to collect payments on your behalf and for you to receive payments for Bookings as set out below;
- Creating an entry for your hotel on the Room Booker Online directory if that component of the service is launched in the future although there is no obligation for this to be launched or to be continued to be made available at any time; and
- To supply an invoice on your behalf and as your agent to each Guest for the online booking proceeds by that Guest in respect of his or her Booking. If you have informed us during the setup to-do list or at any time afterwards in the account maintenance section accessible via the administration panel that you are registered for VAT, the VAT registration details that we have on record for you will be included on this invoice. In the reporting section accessible via the administration panel you will be able to generate a sales report for a predetermined time period where there will be a facility to download the invoices we have issued on your behalf.
Payment and fees
You agree to the following:
- For these purposes a Booking Amount is any payment shown by us in your admin area for a Booking including any applicable VAT.
- You agree to remunerate Room Booker Online for our services in accordance with your chosen pricing plan.
- Your chosen payment gateway is entitled to collect your deposit/payment fee from all Booking Amounts.
- Your online booking proceeds will be held by your chosen payment gateway (not by us) and will be payable to you less their applicable fees under their terms and conditions which will also deal with chargeback provisions.
- Any additional fees incurred by our Global Distribution Service and their partners will be dealt with under their terms and conditions
Cancellation / Refund policy
In the event of any cancellation of any Booking your own terms and conditions will apply.
If a Cancellation Requirement due to Error arises, you must inform the Guest who has made the Booking as soon as possible.
It is not our responsibility to inform guests of cancellations. We are not obliged to make any refund to any Guest.
Changes and queries relating to Bookings and Refund Policy
We will pass on the details that Guests give us at the time of making a Booking. We will request Guests to update you directly should their personal details change. You agree to deal with any queries about bookings, changes and other arrangements directly with Guests. Any changes to any Booking are made at your discretion and we are not responsible for providing any services or assistance in relation to the same.
- You agree to promptly deal with any complaints or queries made by Customers and to assist our staff in the event that we receive any such complaint or queries.
Intellectual Property Rights
You confirm and agree that:
- All information and Content that you provide to us belongs to you, or that you have permission and are authorised to provide it to us for us to use and make available as envisaged by these Terms;
- We and our sub-contractors at any time are licensed to use all such information, Content and the Hotel Subdomain for all purposes envisaged by these Terms;
- All information you provide to us at any time does and will comply with applicable law and regulation and does not contain anything which is or might be illegal, defamatory or inappropriate or which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person.
- You agree to indemnify us and hold us indemnified in respect of loss, damage or expense that we suffer or incur which is attributable to any breach of your commitments in this section.
Data protection and privacy
We have indicated to Guests and users of our Site that their privacy is important to us. You should not use any personal data or information which can be used to identify individuals for any purpose other than in relation to the hotel booking, without that individual’s prior consent.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with the Data Protection Act and any other statutory or similar obligations in respect of all personal data that we provide to you.
Linking and framing to or from this Site
You are entitled to link to or frame this Site but we may at any time at our discretion withdraw our consent to any such linking or framing by you. If we withdraw such consent you will immediately cease the relevant linking or framing. You agree to comply with any linking or framing policies that we may have in place at any time.
Exclusions and limitations of liability
The contract for any Booking is between you and the Guest. It is your responsibility to provide the accommodation or services that each Guest has booked via the Site. We do not have any liability or responsibility to provide any such accommodation or services nor do we have any liability or responsibility for your failing to comply with any contract or for any other acts or omissions of you, your agents or representatives.
You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for inspecting your hotel or checking any content or information that you provide to us. It is your responsibility to ensure that all Content or information relating to your hotel on the Site is up to date and accurate at any time.
Whilst we endeavour to make the Site available, we give no guarantees or warranties that it will be available at any time or at all. We will have no responsibility for any loss and damage that you suffer or incur by virtue of this Site not being available at any time.
Without limitation we have sole discretion to:
- Refuse to upload; or
- To take down any material or Content that you have provided to us without any liability to you.
Save as provided below, we exclude all liability for all loss and damage incurred by you or any Guests or other user in connection with the Site. Without limitation, save as provided below, we exclude all liability for the following: loss of profits; direct loss or damage, indirect loss or damage and consequential loss or damage.
Nothing in these Terms affects, limits or excludes:
- our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence or our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under English law; or
Changes to these Terms
Any changes to the Terms appearing on this page at any time will only be effective if agreed in writing by us and such consent will only be effective if it comes from info@RoomBookerOnline.com
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable then the remainder of the terms shall remain in full force and effect.
You agree that these Terms and any documents referred to in them constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding Room Booker Online and supersede anything previously agreed between you and us.
If we fail to exercise or enforce any right we have under these Terms, this does not mean that we have waived that right and we may still exercise or enforce that right later on.
Any notice we give you may be given to you at the email address we hold on record for you at any time.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or dispute arising from or related to Room Booker Online or relating to these Terms. These Terms and your use and access of Room Booker Online are governed by English law.
If you have any concerns or wish to contact us for any other reason please contact us by email at info@RoomBookerOnline.com or in writing to Room Booker Online, 154 – 158 Church Street, Blackpool, Lancashire, FY1 3PS